Saturday, July 14, 2007

Back to India ... part II

First few days back in India. With memories of Japan tending to settle down and getting ready to go behind the layers of the latest of the monotony of life back home. I have to dust off and oil all the systems that make up my little solitary home at Mumbai.

The television offers a lot of nonsense : the intelligent people in media have long realized that nonsense is far more interesting than the reality.Movies are getting better, but I have no appetite to watch one in a theater. So I listen to some Dire Straits songs : frozen in time and as fresh as it was a few days back.My phone at home has died and mobile is lost. With everyone chatting away on a mobile in Mumbai, I find it a great luxury to talk to anyone anytime using that little brick called a mobile phone. Going back to mobile-less prehistoric age is not easy I guess.

After struggling with Japanese, its a great relief to find everyone talking in my language.. Hindi .. and officially in English. Its not a struggle anymore to communicate a word or two . The trouble is that I will have to (again) listen to people who communicate more than necessary. This is one thing I was spared of in Japan.

No comments: