Saturday, July 14, 2007

Back to India

The TV interview in Japan was telecasted as expected, and I got a footage of it recorded with the help of Lee - my Chinese friend in Japan. But inevitably, I am back to India, and am finding a lot of spelling and grammar mistakes with my blogs. Its time to reflect I guess.

Japan is a great country, with its people so disciplined and understated. 'Order' is the theme in that beautiful country. I land in Mumbai and the theme changes from 'order' to 'chaos' . But the chaos here is more familiar than the order in Japan. I wonder why do I like this chaos ? I hear a consistent chirpy voice of a newly married girl reading aloud all the boards in the airport to her mildly embarrassed but still doting husband- that is something I could find only here. Japanese women never talk like this , they are too silent and compliant. And i find American women too harsh on my ears. India is at the middle. As Budddha says, "Take the middle path", I guess its the middle path which makes India so unique. It falls right in the middle of wild west and mild east.

India has too many voices, too many peoples. Somebody grown up on India's diversified diet would find other places insipid. That's why you would find an Indian travelling to a foreign land almost always with a supply of a few days of Indian food.

There is simply too much to experience in India. "India is an assault on the senses" says a popular guide to India ."Sweet assault", I mutter as I load my baggage in a rag-tag taxi taking me back home.

No comments: